So since the Fattire Tuesday race is cancelled, we are going for a chill cross ride tonight at 6:30 leaving from Rosso as usual.
With this past weekend's deluge we have decided to cancel the Tuesday race out at Terwillegar so the trails have a chance to soak up all of Mother Nature's tears. Sorry folks, when doves cry, there is no mountain bike racing. See you all this weekend out at the races at Sunridge.
Okay, so it looks like it may not rain till later on in the evening. Kurt is keen to go for a ride this evening rain or shine so the ride is back on for tonight. Woohoo!
Well, it's cold and there's wolves after me! Actually, there was some mild rain throughout the day today, and with the cold temperatures, we decided to cancel tonight's trail ride. I know what everyone is thinking: The trails are like totally ridable so lets head out and rip it up, but I think we should be responsible and let the trails fully recover from the super dry conditions and the recent rain. The good news is that we are rescheduling the ride to this Thursday. We are going to break into appropriate groups for this Thursday so everyone can come out.
Well, with the rivervalley fires, snow and wet trails, we are postponing our Sunday mountain ride. Sorry for the late notice everyone, but have a rest day or go for a cross ride if you are up for it.
Mondays, Mondays, Mondays! The sun is shining, and yes, the air is still chilly as it's April, but the trails are mint and ready to ride. If you didn't get a chance to get your club membership, don't worry about it as of yet since you get a freebie ride. So, we will be meeting at Rosso at 6:15pm and leaving at 6:30.
The time has finally come! We are starting our group rides tomorrow evening (Thursday) leaving from Rosso at 6:30pm. This will be the standard Thursday night vibe, so the pace will fairly fast without a lot of stopping as we check out the drier singletrack in the valley. For the more laid back crowd, our Monday 6:30pm rides start next week, so we look forward to seeing our loveable Monday crowd then. Please remember to stop by the shop and renew your club membership in the coming days so you can keep getting your sweet shop discount and so we are covered by the ABA insurance while we are out on the trails. Also remember to inflate your tires, lube your chain, and test your brakes and shifting if you haven't touched your bike since the fall to make for a more enjoyable group ride experience for everyone. See you soon!
Hey everyone. I went for a cross ride yesterday in the hopes that the paved trails were dry and we can go for a fun mid-winter cross ride, but those hopes were dashed as I hit one slab of ice after another. I would say that the trail conditions are at a "no win" situation as the singletrack is a mix of ice, mud and chopped up snow and the doubletrack is roughed up ice. I'm afraid that we are going to postpone the Thursday night ride until conditions improve. If you are game to go, you can drop by Rosso at 6:30 to see if anyone else is riding. Cheers for now.
Well, with more capricious weather thrown at us this 2016 winter, we are looking at cautious trail riding. Now that we are back from Sedona, we are looking at getting back at the weekly fatbike riding, but for today, we are going for a "check out the trails" day since the reports of trail conditions have been variable. The end goal for today is to get back to Rosso by 1:00pm so we can buy Steve Martins some beer for guiding us in Sedona. Once we have some solid trail reports, we can plan our routes a bit better. So, as of now, stay safe and enjoy the riding.
Don't hate the messenger, but we've decided to put the formal Monday rides on hold until things can dry up or freeze over. We encourage everyone to keep riding in the meantime though - stay tuned for updates as real winter descends upon us.