The Carve Mountain is the latest and greatest cargo bike from Babboe. Combining the surefooted stability of the three wheeled Curve with the fantastic controlled maneuverability of the two wheeled City. The addition of the powerful Yamaha 250w mid-drive electric assist motor and the step-less Nuvinci 330 gear hub you can get up to speed no matter how much weight you are carrying and then stop on a dime with the powerful hydraulic disc brakes.
The innovative “Carve” mechanism lets the bike tilt with the bike when taking corners so despite having two wheels at the front it corners like a regular bike. The front wheels are independent so, instead of steering the whole box - Only the wheels steer, giving more control. Turn the tilt steering option off and the bike handles just like a Nihola. The ultimate cargo bike for city safety and weekend adventures.
The rest of the spec does not disappoint with a frame manufactured from tough galvanized Hi-Ten steel which has a chip-resistant powder-coated finish, a marine-grade beech plywood box which has a whopping 80kg capacity, comfortably sits two little ones and has a battery compartment under the bench tucked away from curious hands, this Babboe is designed for perpetual outdoor storage and is a true four-season workhorse!
- Unique three wheeled cargo bike with tilt steering
- Independent steering with on/off tilt option
- Yamaha 250w Mid-Drive motor will get you up any hill no matter how much weight you are carrying
- Yamaha 36v Lithium-Ion Battery will take you up to 60km on a single charge
- Nuvinci 330 step-less internal gear hub has a massive 330% gear range
- Powerful hydraulic disc brakes for all weather confident braking
- Room for two little ones with dual three-point harnesses
- Tough galvanized steel frame with a chip-resistant powder-coated finish
- Marine grade curved beech plywood box (no sharp edges)
- Integrated powerful LED lighting system
- Fully enclosed chain guard to keep clothing looking fresh
- Maximum Capacity: 180kg (Box=80kg, Rider=100kg)